Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Material Girl

Ah, Tuesday. The day that DailyCandy Deals are delivered to my inbox and I am suddenly inspired to do some online shopping. There is nothing like the thrill of finding a good deal, especially when it's on something you've been coveting for a while. I've had my eye on a pair of brown boots recently, ever since I saw them on a very stylish girl near Union Square.

After a few rounds of Googling (since I am a hardcore comparison shopper and I like to see lots of images before I purchase something), I stumbled upon Polyvore.com. It's like collages + shopping + your own closet, all rolled into one. You are able to add items to a "set" and then save it for other users to view. This gives everyone the freedom to create outfits from items all over the web, which obviously isn't possible when you are cruising around on specific e-tailer sites. How else could you virtually combine a shirt from J.Crew with a dress from Nordstrom?

Even cooler still, is the fact that you can embed Polyvore.com code onto your own social networking page. All of your friends will be able to see your favorite outfits and maybe tell you if the date outfit you like maybe isn't a good idea after all.


No comments: