Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"If you don't mind me asking..."

In a city where the restaurants are amazing, the weather is fair (hey, I like the fog!) and there is always something to do...the rent is going to be high. Friends of mine have been known to come by my apartment and be shocked by the size of the place, mostly because there is a separate dining room and foyer. Naturally, they inquire about my rent and I never have a problem with telling them. But since it's not something I like to broadcast to the entire city, I'm glad that there is now a Rentometer around.

This site, with a very simple and user-friendly interface, allows you to enter an address and see the comparable rent for apartments in the area. This is extremely helpful for people that are looking to move into a new place and don't want to get ripped off by the landlord. As for me, I just wanted to see if the cost of the foyer was really paying off in the long run...


No comments: