Thursday, February 26, 2009

Purple is supposed to lure me into gaming?


While I am personally not a gamer (unless you count the annual Wii Sports fest with my family during Christmas), I am extremely interested in the gaming space and the latest technology. Portable gaming in particular is introducing new ways for brands to take their content and deliver it to consumers on-the-go.

Sony's PlayStation blog announced on Tuesday that new PSP bundles will be coming this year, including a Hannah Montana PSP Entertainment Pack and a new lilac PSP. Lilac? Is this supposed to sell me on gaming? Make a pink one and then we'll talk. (Of course the "Assassins Creed" bundle comes with a black console.)

In all seriousness, I'm not entirely sure that pop star-themed games and candy-colored controllers will fesult in more female gamers, but it'll be interesting to see how they sell. The Hannah Montana bundle also comes with stickers, in case you need a few more teeny bopper touches.

Source: CNET

No comments: