Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Text me when my table's ready!

FINALLY. I've been saying for quite some time now that the whole restaurant pager system is outdated and just plain silly. If we're all walking around with cell phones, why can't you just send me a text?

ReadyPing is a new service for this age-old problem, allowing restaurants to notify their guests by text message when their table is ready. All that's required is an internet connection and a computer. ReadyPing charges a minimal flat monthly fee of $35.

Can't wait to see this in action!

Source: Springwise

2 comments:

Wendyness said...

I think a real world problem would be the servers relaying text messages to your cell phone can be slow at times. Especially for AT&T, there seems to be a lag when my non-ATT friends text me - 10-15 mins before I get their message. That wouldn't bode well for a table notifier :)

happylilstar said...

Ugh, I have such a love-hate relationship with my iPhone for that very reason! I couldn't even send a text for 30 minutes last week...